Skip to main content

Featured

St. Patrick's Day Recipes 2024

Wishing you all a very Happy St Patrick's Day! Erin Go Braugh - Ireland Forever! Here are a few easy Irish recipes you may want to add to your menu: 

In My Kitchen - October 2014

I can't believe it's already time for another round of the very cool monthly happening called "In My Kitchen" run by Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial.

So here we go....



This Month in my Kitchen...



September was a emotionally tough and busy work month; but we eked through it. :)


This Past Week's Harvest included lots of Green Chilies, Bird's Eye Chilis, Anaheim Chilis, Habanero, Tomatoes ( Beefsteak, Cherry, Cherokee Purple, and Mr. Stripey, Roma), and Crookneck Squash.



We got loads of free chilis from work...






Free chilis from work means I was making Pepper Relish, Pickled Jalapeños, Sambal Oelek (Chili Paste), and Hot Sauce. I also made Sundried Tomato and Rosemary infused Olive Oil.



Used the dehydrator to make Apple chips, Banana chips, Peach chips, Pineapple chips, and Strawberry chips...they were very addictive and didn't last long!



I made my own Ricotta cheese...


Which obviously meant I had to make Handmade Spinach and Chard Tortellini...


I started preserving seeds for next year's garden, starting with pole beans.

Here are a few old cookbooks that I'll be featuring in a monthly post. Publication dates range from 1889-1920. I'm excited to share!!










And new Zombie cookie cutters for Halloween Treats, these were just to funny to pass up!


Please make sure you stop in and take a glance at everyone else's kitchens!

So tell me...What's happening in your kitchen this month?


Comments

  1. You've got some fabulous stuff in your kitchen, what do you do with all the chilli stuff and pickles?. I love the zombie cookie cutters. We don't do much for Halloween in Australia, which is such a shame, I think we need more reasons to get dressed up and celebrate.

    Thanks for the look into your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fran, thanks for stopping by!
      What do I do with all the chili stuff?! Well, we keep some and the rest are passed out to eagerly awaiting family members and friends, haha! The Chili Relish is great for grilled sausages or hot dogs, and it's great with Nachos. Sambal Oelek is an Indonesian condiment that is great with fried fish! And as my sister would say hot sauce is good for just about anything haha! As for Halloween, if you like it celebrate it; maybe you'll start a trend! :)

      Delete
  2. Gosh, you have been busy! Love the tortellini and those amazing old cookbooks too! Thanks for the look into your kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selma! I'll have the recipe for the tortellini up this month if you're interested. :)

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful kitchen :) I love all the produce and that you are already saving for next year... I do the same thing :) OH and those cookie cutters are fabulous :) Thanks for sharing! Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I'm gonna have so much fun with those cookie cutters, Haha! :)

      Delete
  4. wow, what lovely bounty in your kitchen and I really love how perfect your Spinach and Chard Tortellini look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tandy! I was determined to make them not only taste good but look good! :)

      Delete
  5. Emily, how great are old recipe books? Such simpler times, and simpler ingredients. Its good to get back to basics. I love your undead Fred cookie cutters. I have the ABC ones (already been chewed). The Fred range is a lot of fun : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsty! Old cookbooks are great, so interesting to see how far (or not) kitchen science has come, so much to learn! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Some fabulous produce Emily, I’m very envious :) It must make you feel very satisfied even with a tough month. Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful produce Emily! You've got so many chillies - I especially loved seeing red jalapenos. My favourites and we don't see them often here! Your tortellini looks divine! I hope October is shaping up to be an easier month for you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celia for the well wishes, and it is indeed shaping up to be a better month. :)

      Delete
  8. G'day Great post! Love chillies!
    Thanks for this month's kitchen view also!
    Cheers! Joanne @What's On The List

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love chillies, and the undead Fred cutters. And of course old cookbooks are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to reading about what treasures you find in those old cookbooks, fabulous finds. I hope this month is easier for you.

    Liz @ spades, spatulas, and spoons

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts