Skip to main content

Featured

St. Patrick's Day Recipes 2024

Wishing you all a very Happy St Patrick's Day! Erin Go Braugh - Ireland Forever! Here are a few easy Irish recipes you may want to add to your menu: 

In My Kitchen - February 2015


It's time for another round of the very cool monthly happening called "In My Kitchen" run by Celia at Fig Jam and Lime Cordial. Sadly I missed last month getting back into the groove after our wonderful India trip.

So here we go....

This Month in my Kitchen...



January was a very cold month, and February has started the same but we're looking forward to St. Valentine's day and Kishore's birthday! :)


We had a lovely dinner at The Russian Tea Room in NYC. Looking forward to another visit. :)




Kishore gave me a lovely Italian Pasta machine for Christmas!


Some of the pastas I've made so far...Beetroot and Spinach Linguine, and Butternut Squash Ravioli.



Root Vegetable Biryani using my Romertopf Baker...the closest taste to Hyderbadi Biryani that'll you'll get at home!






New England Heirloom Sourdough Starter





One of the many treats I bought at the Spice Souk in Dubai, Dried Limes - Limoo Amani.





Milk Kefir - using grains from a good friend that comes all the way from Russia.




This year as St. Valentine's Day Treats Chocolate Heart Pops, and Love Letters...








Cook books from Kerala




One of the many kitchen items my In-laws gave us after the wedding. This is to make a tasty snack called Murukulu. One of Kishore's favorite spicy crunchy snacks!



















Some kitchen sprouts to add some home grown greens to our meals. :)


Please make sure you stop in and take a glance at everyone else's kitchens!

So tell me...What's happening in your kitchen this month?

Comments

  1. Your kitchen is my kind of kitchen with lots of spice and savoury, though I am also admiring your various homemade pasta's - fantastic colours. You have jammed so much into this post, that there is lots to comment on. My mother used to have that gadget to make savoury snacks, I have been looking out for one, but have to wait to go to a place like B'ham, Uk to find it at a large South Asian grocers. Thank you for giving us a peek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaheen! Yes, I do see similarity in our kitchens, which is why I enjoy following your blog. :) Before Amma gave me the press I used a cookie press with the cheese straw attachment; I realize it's not that authentic but the Murukulu looked and tasted good, haha! :)

      Delete
  2. Your kitchen seems a busy, happening place; lovely colorful pastas. What's in the savory snack Murukulu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. They are made with chickpea and rice flour, and cumin seeds, I'll post a recipe if your interested.

      Delete
    2. Hi Dee! Here's the link for Murukulu:
      http://www.cookingforkishore.blogspot.com/2015/03/murukulu-tasty-crunchy-rice-snacks.html
      Please let me know how you like it! :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely photo of you both! How fabulous to see your biriyani being made in a Romertopf! And such a great active old starter - I hope you have great fun baking with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celia! The Romertopf has been a great addition to our kitchen, and the starter has proved itself with some tasty baked goods!

      Delete
  4. Lots of lovely things in your kitchen. Those dried limes look amazing. I have a romertopf too but I haven't used it for years. Maybe I should go dig it out:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! Definitely dig it out, I've got a biriyani recipe coming soon! :)

      Delete
  5. Everything here looks so interesting, Emily. I love your pasta machine. One of my dream is to make fresh pasta. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jhuls! You should definitely give it a go, it tastes so much better than store bought.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts