I was so excited to learn this morning that my picture was chosen for Food Network's "We Asked, You Cooked": Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese Casserole Fan Photo Contest!
|Mr. Louis Jourdan|
So a few weeks ago me and my sister decided to have a little comfort food and a movie night...It had been a while since we'd seen Louis Jourdan...I mean the 1950's musical "Gigi."
Earlier in the day I had come across a Food Network Photo Contest for Cauliflower Mac and Cheese and since I had a lonely head in the fridge I thought hey why not give it a try!
George Stella's recipe proved to be a very tasty low carb alternative to regular Mac & Cheese. While the recipe is straight forward, there were a few things I want to clarify.
- I made sure not to over cook the cauliflower so instead of boiling, I steamed it. Overcooked cauliflower will straight out ruin this recipe, you want it to be par-cooked before you put it in the oven otherwise you will get 'Mush & Cheese.'
- A few other changes I made included:
- Using yogurt instead of heavy cream
- Using a mixture of cheeses Gouda and Cheddar
- And finally I topped it with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese to add an extra crisp.
Here is the recipe link to George Stella's: Cauliflower Mac and Cheese