I've never been a fan of breakfast...weekend brunch: yes, leisurely breakfast: yes, rushed workday breakfast: not so much. In order to combat that rushed feeling, I decided to bring together two things I like.
Cheese and Muffins!
I love Cheese...I mean I LOVE cheese. As much as I like to cook; I'm completely content with eating some good cheese with crackers and some fruit for dinner... Or any other meal for that matter. To tell you the truth sometimes the crackers are just a vehicle for cheese consumption.
Family and friends don't call me a mouse for no reason!
|Emily's Late night Cheese eating :)|
Now... one of my favorite types of cheeses is Aged Sharp Cheddar. I love that salty tang, and that full flavor, yum.
As for the muffins...who doesn't like muffins!?
These muffins are a perfect balance of salty aged cheeses, mixed with a hint of honey, and the earthiness of whole wheat. They are the perfect quick on-the-go breakfast or as a tasty afternoon snack!
|Palm-sized Cheesy goodness!|
Honey Wheat Cheddar Muffins
Makes 12 Muffins
1 Cup Unbleached Flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Wheat Bran
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Shredded Sharp NY Cheddar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 Beaten Egg
Equipment: Muffin Tins, Baking Cups
Preheat Oven to 400 F.
1. In a large bowl mix the flours, wheat bran, and baking powder.
2. In another bowl mix the egg, oil, and honey.
3. Make a well in the middle of the mixed flour and pour the egg mixture and milk into it. Mix.
4. Add the cheeses and mix until just incorporated. Batter will be lumpy.
5. Spoon batter into baking cups or directly into a greased muffin tin. Fill only about 2/3 of the way.
6. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Store in a airtight container.