Skip to main content

Featured

St. Patrick's Day Recipes 2024

Wishing you all a very Happy St Patrick's Day! Erin Go Braugh - Ireland Forever! Here are a few easy Irish recipes you may want to add to your menu: 

Happy St. Valentine's Day! Raspberry Madeleines

Happy St. Valentine's Day Everyone! 

I started writing this post after getting the bad news from Punxsutawney Phil...six more weeks of winter. So to cheer myself up, I put on one of my favorite George Harrison albums "All Things Must Pass" and of course one of my favorite songs...

"If not for you...
The winter would hold no spring, couldn't hear a robin sing,
I just wouldn't have a clue, if not for you.

If not for you my sky would fall,
rain would gather too,
without your love, I'd be nowhere at'll
I'd be lost, if not for you."


It always makes me smile, the feeling in his voice when he sings is touching, and of course that slide guitar. Kishore has now taken to  singing this song whenever I need a cheering up and that definitely makes me smile! :)
This year, I wanted to make a little sweet treat for my Sweetheart for Valentine's day. 
So to celebrate and meditate on spring, I decided to use our Raspberry Cordial from the summer for these fluffy Madeleines. The Raspberry, Vanilla and Bourbon flavors meld to give a fresh, summery  afternoon tea treat.

Here's my recipe for Raspberry Madeleines :
Makes 9-12

Ingredients:
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2/3 cup Unbleached Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 Large eggs
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, Melted and cooled
1/2 tsp Raspberry Cordial* or Extract
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice

Kitchen Equipment: Electric Mixer, Madeleine Pan

Optional: Bourbon soaked Raspberries, Beet juice for dye.

Preheat Oven to 350 F. Butter your molds and give them a light dusting of confectioner's sugar.

Directions:
1. Sift and mix Flour and baking soda.



2. Beat melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, and Raspberry cordial with a mixer for 5 minutes.


3. Gradually add the sugar while beating. Beat until thick, about another 5 minutes.


4. Carefully fold in flour mix. Mix in gently till smooth. *You can add red dye for a swirled color.*


5. Spoon about a TBLSP of batter into each mold.
      *You can add a Raspberry to the middle of the filled batter.*


6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden brown.


7. Let them cool on a rack.


Enjoy!


Tell me what are your plans for Valentine's Day?

I have also entered this post in a Treat Petite Event Love is in the Air, hosted by The Baking Explorer and Cakeyboi.

 

Comments

  1. Beautifully baked and I love the red marble effect! Thanks for entering into Treat Petite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat that means a lot coming from you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts