Skip to main content

Featured

St. Patrick's Day Recipes 2024

Wishing you all a very Happy St Patrick's Day! Erin Go Braugh - Ireland Forever! Here are a few easy Irish recipes you may want to add to your menu: 

Strawberry White Bean Blondies


Every year I like to make a special sweet treat for my Sweetheart on Valentine's day, but our cupboards have been a little bare and time has been in short supply, so I decided to use what we have  and make a Blondie Brownie with Strawberries.
For this sweet treat I used white Cannellini beans, white chocolate, and strawberries. The strawberry  flavor goes perfect with the white chocolate, giving us a fresh hint of spring as we await its arrival in another five weeks.

Here's my recipe for Strawberry White Bean Blondies:
Makes 12

Ingredients: 

1 14 oz can Cannellini beans, drained
2/3 cup Unbleached Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 cup Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 cup white chocolate, melted
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped

Prep Work: Clean and chop strawberries. Line a 5x7 baking pan with parchment paper and butter. Preheat oven to 350F.

Directions:
1. In a food processor mix beans, melted chocolate and eggs until smooth.



2. Next add sugar, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and flour, blend well.


3. Pour the batter into the greased and lined baking pan, mix in strawberries, level and top with some white chocolate chips.

4. Bake at 350F for 30-35minutes, until top is tan and crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting into 12 pieces.
Enjoy!

Here are some other St. Valentine's Day eats! Links below:








I have entered this post to My Legume Love Affair #116, hosted by Swathy at Shravs Kitchen and Lisa's Vegetarian Kitchen and Susan's The Well Seasoned Cook.

Comments

  1. wow that's an interesting idea to use beans! and healthy too. cheers S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've still yet to make my black bean brownies, but I think I am going to give that a miss in favour of your White Bean Blondies. These look good and elevated higher with the addition of strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts